The Fair & We Are Placemaking supported Kings Cross and Argent to deliver their Traditionally Untraditional Christmas Campaign in December 2020. The task was to create a sustainable and stand out festive activation, along with the estate’s festive dressing. As part of this, The Fair & WAP produced two out of four of their unique Christmas Tree installations, The People’s Tree and Terrarium Tree.
The People’s Tree at Battle Bridge Place saw a multi-coloured, interactive installation featuring playful dynamic light effects powered by the actions of visitors and passers-by. Members of the public would wave their hands near the tree to activate its sensors and trigger a multi-coloured festive light show for the whole family to enjoy!
The Terrarium Tree at Coal Drops Yard featured a 28ft tall tree made up of 70 living terrariums created by our CDY friends The Botanical Boys alongside 168 mirror balls. Post event, each terrarium has been re-homed to live its full life.
- 2-week install during lock down and ensuring everyone was adhering to COVID-19 regulations & guidelines.
- Daytime & overnight build & break
- 15km of pea lighting across the site
- Logistics for crane delivery & access into Coal Drops Yard area.
- Making sure all kit is weather proof / has longevity & suitable to remain outside for 2 months
- Build, Live and Break Production Management & Health & Safety
- Working closely with lighting suppliers for technical requirements and logistics for build
- Logistics of how this can be built from the offset so it can be re-used in future
- Terrarium Tree built as a sustainable and unique creation that can live on beyond Christmas, rehoming 70 living terrariums post event.
- Reviewing structural calculations, wind management plans
- Supplier Auditing
- CAD site design