Founded by Wiley, Eskimo Dance was instrumental in the grime boom of the ’00s. Aiming to “get all of the scene members under one roof,” its nights saw the genre’s big-hitters duke it out on stage in memorable all-nighters, featuring guest appearances, competitions and fierce rap battles, before going on hiatus in 2006.
When it returned in 2012, Eskimo Dance picked up where it left off: joined by JME, Jammer, P Money and others, Wiley showed there’s still an appetite for raw grime away from the poppier chart sounds of Tinie Tempah, Dizzee Rascal and Tinchy Stryder by packing thousands into London’s IndigO2, before venturing to Ayia Napa for a beach party incarnation of the night.
Eskimo Dance & Boxpark teamed up with The Fair on Boxpark Croydon’s Launch Festival.
We produced and managed health and safety and supported the event curation for the show working alongside the Boxpark and The Eskimo Dance.
- Event Direction
- Event Production
- Safety / CDM Management – build and break
- Live Health and Safety Management
- Liaison with local authority and police (including liaison with police gold commander)
- SAG meeting attendance
- Production of all event documentation including ESMP, crowd management plans, search procedures and drugs policy
- Implementation, deployment and supervision of dedicated and specialist security response teams
- Technical production working with Martin MLA line array to provide a focused and impressive sound
- Audience of 2,000
- Sell – out show
- Enormous presence, support and amazing live reviews across social @boxparkcroydon and @TheEskimoDance
- Amazing line up from established and up and coming Grime artists with the likes of Ghetts, P Money, Preditah, Mistajam and Hatcha
- Special guest performance from JME and MOBO nominated Selction Boyz