Boxpark has established itself in the heart of London’s Shoreditch since 2011 demonstrating it was entirely possible to bring dining and fashion back to the street and provide fertile ground for independent and established brands to reach a large audience.
Entirely constructed out of refitted shipping containers, Boxpark utilises a unique position in being able to offer affordable and flexible leases for lifestyle brands, cafes, restaurants and galleries to trade and succeed. After 5 successful years in Shoreditch, Boxpark took the leap south of the river into Croydon to premiere the first food and beverage only site, with over 200 events planned each year.
Croydon has been the emerging face of south London for some time now, establishing itself as the new home of the capital’s street art movement and the ‘silicon valley’ of the south. Because of this, Croydon’s formerly unforgiving reputation is beginning to subside and big things are on the horizon. Croydon is changing rapidly and while areas like the restaurant quarter, in south Croydon, and Matthews Yard are well established; the town centre has lost some of its biggest and cherished dining spots, bars and nightclubs. Boxpark Croydon aims to revitalise Croydon’s changing social and dining landscape by delivering the same unique experiences of our Shoreditch site and planting them in the heart of Croydon, with a couple of twists.
Boxpark were looking for an events delivery partner for their festival, we were engaged to produce, manage health and safety and support the event curation for the show working alongside the Boxpark, The Eskimo Dance and NME teams.
- Event Direction
- Event Production
- Safety / CDM Management – build and break
- Live Health and Safety Management
- Liaison with local authority and police (including liaison with police gold commander)
- SAG meeting attendance
- Production of all event documentation including ESMP, crowd management plans, search procedures and drugs policy
- Implementation, deployment and supervision of dedicated and specialist security response teams
- Technical production working with Martin MLA line array to provide a focused and impressive sound
- Audience of 2,000 per day
- Sell – out Eskimo Dance show
- Enormous presence, support and amazing live reviews across social @boxparkcroydon, @TheEskimoDance and @NME
- Amazing line up from established and up and coming Grime artists with the likes of Ghetts, P Money, Preditah, Mistajam and Hatcha and rising talent from NME including J Prince, Barney Artist and Nova Twins
- Special guest performance from JME and MOBO nominated Selction Boyz
“Nick and his team at the Fair did a great job at the Boxpark Opening Festival. We look forward to working with them again and again ! “