The Associated Press is the essential global news network, delivering accurate, insightful news from every corner of the world, 24 hours a day.
As one of the Super Premium sponsors of the 2015 NewsXchange conference in Berlin which brings 500 executives together including CNN, FOX News and sky NEWS, AP were keen on attendees being offered something different to the traditional exhibition stand type.
The Associated Press contacted our sister agency House Of Experience to provide an interactive unique activity for attendees offering a memorable experience. The drones were used as both a news gathering tool and as a topic of news lead.
The Fair were bought on board to produce and manage the drone challenge from production to live delivery in Berlin.
- To devise an engaging, memorable and enjoyable drone challenge.
- As The Associated Press are a news agency, it was key that the theme of the challenge fitted in with their core focus.
- Attendees would only be able to take part in the challenge during gaps in the wider conference schedule. As such, it was imperative that the challenge was easy to register to join in, relatively quick to participate in whilst also remaining enjoyable and engaging.
- We designed and installed a basic obstacle course themed around the 2016 Rio Olympics.
- Engaged with local suppliers to produce large format print and model making.
- Managed a booking system and calendar that allowed attendees to participate in the challenge.
- Using sports netting, a screened off separate area was erected so attendees could practice using the drones.
- One on one drone piloting tutorial was provided.
- We provided all necessary equipment for the event including drones, iPads and spare parts.
- Audience of 13,000
- The line-up included Benga, Dub vision & 99 souls
- Over 180,000 Facebook Likes
- Great feedback via Social Media with fans looking forward to 2017 already
“After hearing about The Fair’s previous experience with colour festivals, we approached them to produce this year’s Holi Festival of Colours’ London show. From our first conversations with the team we knew that we were in safe hands, their experience of this type of show plus their overall festival production knowledge ensured that our event was a real success. We have had so much positive feedback from the show – Nick and the team were great to work with and I wouldn’t hesitate in recommending them”.
Holi Festival of Colours