The Bournemouth 7s Festival brings together the best elements of sport and music to create a festival with an unbeatable party atmosphere. With numerous awards under its belt, the festival now attracts over 30,000 party people and over 400 sports teams to Bournemouth over the late May Bank Holiday weekend. By day, the show welcomes rugby, netball, dodgeball and hockey teams for a mixture of elite and social sporting competitions. By night, live DJs and performers such as Professor Green and Jaguar Skills combine to create an incredible party which attract festival –goers from across the country.
Challenge and Solutions
We were engaged by the Bournemouth 7s team to provide health and safety advisory services for the festival. We have successfully delivered the health and safety for Bournemouth 7s over the past few years and with little change to the festival this year, we were confident we’d deliver a slick operation once again.
One challenge the team faced was a large influx of people who arrived at the festival within a 1 hour window. To ensure the queues didn’t get overcrowded, additional hold queues were quickly implemented to ensure entrance to the festival still ran smoothly.
- SAG and table top meeting attendance
- On site health and safety advisory services
- Successful delivery of health and safety over the build, live and break days
- 400 TEAMS, 1,500 MATCHES, 6,000 PLAYERS and 30,000 PARTY PEOPLE enjoyed the bank holiday festival.
- Numerous awards under their belt including the National Outdoor Event Association Best Sporting Event and one for the UK Festival Awards Best Non-Music Festival Award.
Photos: Courtesy of Bournemouth 7’s