In October 2020 Grosvenor Square hosted an open-air concert showcasing fresh new talent in Baroque music. Performers were from the Handel House Talent Programme, part of the Handel & Hendrix Museum who would usually perform weekly in the Handel’s music room. However, with restrictions on performing arts the artists were unable to perform at Handel House and instead they took to Grosvenor Square for an intimate, socially distanced performance under the trees. Working with Grosvenor, The Fair provided event production and event health & safety.
- To produce a COVID secure concert under a tight turnaround due to the number of changes in the government guidelines leading to the event.
- The uncertainty of producing an event against a backdrop of rapid change and not knowing whether the same guidelines would be in place the next week.
- Ensuring the public were adhering to the social distancing rules in place.
- Hosting an Open-air concert in mid-October when the weather is expected to be cold and wet.
- Supplier sourcing & management.
- Pre & on the day event production and management.
- Supplier risk auditing.
- COVID specific Risk Assessments.
- Providing a Health & Safety Advisor to work on site for the duration of the live event.
- Successful event carried out in accordance with Government COVID guidelines.
- Performers excited to be able to perform in front of an audience.
- Residents that attended enjoyed the small-scale event and culture introduced to Grosvenor Square as part of it.