Summer Social is the UK’s leading multi-purpose festival involving sports, music and lifestyle. Held in London’s beautiful borough of Richmond, it has audiences come together for a fun filled day of sports including rugby, netball, hockey, crossfit and this year’s special edition; the F45 Playoffs unit. The day ends as one huge party featuring vibrant UK based musicians and DJ’s. The Fair were asked to provide a full service for the event including production, health and safety, procurement and management for the event following a successful previous year.
Our team was more than happy to work another year with the promoters, Westworth Kemp and everyone at the Richmond Athletic Association. It was an exciting year as it was the festivals 10th anniversary. Some of the challenges we faced included:
- Ensuring the tournaments ran smoothly across both venues – Old Deer Park and the RAA.
- Ensuring Old Deer Park was swept and cleared for another event taking place early the next day.
- Ensuring Health and Safety management had extra precautions in place for the multiple activities that were taking place.
- Ensuring the entire site was cleared and ready for the Richmond Athletic Association to open again after the event.
- Sold out festival
- First year the F45 activation was at the festival – large cash prizes awarded to fastest male and female
- Another successful year working with Westworth Kemp
- 300 teams participated in the sporting events
- Delivery on two sites simultaneously
Photos: Courtesy of Summer Social