The Roman Road Trust is an economic and community development group representing the local residents of Bow and the businesses of its high street and market, Roman Road and Roman Road Market, in London’s East End.
Since its creation in 2013, Roman Road Trust has helped launch several regeneration initiatives including Roman Road Festival and the Roman Road LDN website. They also promote Localism and campaign actively on planning issues.
The Roman Road Summer Festival returned for its third year this July and showcased the best of the East End’s talent, heritage, culture and arts all provided in partnership with local businesses, schools and groups.
The Fair worked alongside The Roman Road Trust to project manage the Summer Festival.
- Production scheduling
- Supplier auditing and management
- Health and Safety Management
- Live production management
- Trader management
- An audience of nearly 12,000
- An airstream stage played host to artists including Sunday Assembly East End , Up-and-coming artists from the ELAM, Muntu Valdo and Freddie and the Freeloaders
- Activities for kids
- Arts and Crats
- Activities to commemorate the struggles of the Matchwomen of Bow
- Street Food
- Festival bar
- Sponsors include London Borough of Tower Hamlets, Canary Wharf Group Plc, GMB Union, Lovebox, Veolia, Circle Housing Old Ford, Riney and Attic Self Storage.
“The Fair took away all the stress of dealing with the logistics and paperwork, letting us concentrate on the creative and community content. Very professional and efficient – they just got on with it. Worth their weight in gold!”
CEO, The Roman Road Trust