Rakuten, Inc. is a Japanese electronic commerce and Internet company based in Tokyo, Japan.
Its B2B2C e-commerce platform Rakuten Ichiba is the largest e-commerce site in Japan and among the world’s largest by sales.
- The Fair was briefed to provide Health & Safety management for a brand activation taking place in four cities across the UK – London, Manchester, Cardiff and Glasgow.
- The concept was to install a giant shopping bag in high footfall areas of each city, to create consumer awareness surrounding the UK launch of Rakuten.co.uk.
- The giant bag featured a large screen and was accompanied by a stage area. Passers by were able to play interactive games on the large screen and win numerous prizes from Rakuten vendors or Rakuten owned brands (Kobo, Viber, Wakuai TV).
- The screen also played 2 Disney films – Frozen and Maleficent. The Frozen screening was preceded by a dress-up sing-along.
- Audited Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Insurances and Licences of all suppliers and contractors working on site.
- Provided on-site Safety Officer during production to ensure the build was managed safely – the giant bag was made of large steel frames which are craned into place and bolted together.
- Safety Officer worked alongside the Production Manager and Head of Security to ensure that a safe working environment was achieved for both crew and public.
- Safety Officer was on site throughout the live event making sure the event ran smoothly.
- A successful touring brand experience, with zero incidents, injuries or ejections.