To celebrate its fifth birthday, the Imperial Festival returned with the biggest event yet! Thousands of visitors descended on Imperial College London’s South Kensington campus over a sunny weekend in early May for the fifth annual exploration of all things science.
The Festival explored the most exciting areas of science including hallucinogenic drugs, epidemics, climate change and artificial intelligence with a cocktail of hands-on exhibits, talks, tours and shows.
Popular highlights of previous Festivals featured again this year including the Superbug Zone and Robot Zone. New highlights for this year included the Transport Zone and the Energy and Environment Zone, where visitors had a chance to race laser tractor beams and build their own ecosystems.
The Fair were brought on board alongside the Imperial Festival team to help manage the live event and provide event Health and Safety Management.
- To work alongside the festival team to produce a free festival for 15,000 attendees in a busy London venue.
- Ensure crowd management and flow was smoothly managed throughout the event.
- Support the in-house events team in coordinating internal and external suppliers.
- Working in partnership with in-house events team to deliver the event.
- Production Management.
- Health and Safety Consultancy.
- Production of event Health and Safety documentation.
- Positive feedback from attendees of the event.
- Over 15,000 attendees over the weekend.
- A surprise appearance from Bernie Ecclestone.