In 2018 The Fair worked with Field Day for the first time in their new location at Brockwell Park. Field Day is known to be one of London’s most loved festivals and in 2018 they celebrated their tenth year. The festivals prodigious programming has seen some amazing artists such as Erykah Badu, Skepta, Helena Hauff and many more.
Field Day approached us to cover their full Health and Safety for this large scale, and highly populated event.
2018 was Field Day’s first year in Brockwell Park, after being in Victoria Park for ten years. This was because AEG won over the contract to do events in Victoria Park, resulting in Field Day having to find a new home. Concerns from local residents arose, as well as concerns about a large event of this scale being delivered safely in the Brockwell Park.
- Health & Safety on site – elements of build, live (3 days) and break
- Auditing suppliers
- Risk Assessment
- SAG attendance
- Expert witness in sub-committee hearing
- Produced capacity calculations to demonstrate that the numbers attending can safely exit the park
- Liaison with other event partners
- Successful event
- A temporary show stop procedure was put in place to allow security to implement crowd control measures
- 20,000 Friday, 32,000 Saturday, 17,000 Sunday
- Performances from Erykah Badu, Fever Ray alongside DJs Helena Hauff, Avalon Emerson and Gilles Peterson
- Community – less impactful than fearer by residents
- Won hearts and minds
- No issues with regard to egress
- No impact on Brixton night time economy – no issues on the tube