Grosvenor Britain & Ireland’s mission is to create and recreate inspiring places and neighbourhoods, delivering value for customers, shareholders and co-investors with its place-making expertise. For a Christmas outing with a twist, Eccleston Yards wanted to bring in the multi-sensory installation ‘Wave’ from renowned light artists Squidsoup.
Both ourselves and We Are Placemaking have a fantastic working relationship with Squidsoup, having worked with them on numerous light festivals over the years. ‘Wave’ was well suited to the theme and location of the event as it is associated with wellness. The dangling illuminated orbs of light are based around the principles of chromotherapy, meaning that the different colours and strengths of light promote different emotions.
Along with the installations the team brought in a full bar set up, and three individual heated cabins for guests to enjoy a mulled wine in and to admire the installation from afar.
The Fair supported We Are Placemaking to deliver on site Health & Safety services for the build and de-rig days as well as during the advancing stage.
- Confined access with just one route in for vehicles.
- Limited space for vehicle movement within the site.
- The businesses within Eccleston Yards ran their usual opening hours which meant that the public were walking through the site during the build and de-rig days. The team had to work around this making sure to be extra vigilant when moving around equipment and looking out for trip hazards.
- Located near to Victoria coach station which brought a lot of traffic in the area.
- Onsite Health and Safety consultancy for the build and re-rig
- Supplier auditing
- EMP and Risk Assessment
- Successful event
- Great client feedback and widespread media coverage
- Increased footfall to the area
“Light installations are synonymous with London during the Christmas period and we are thrilled that Eccleston Yards will be the first London location to host Wave this festive season. The Chromotherapy-inspired installation offers a quirky twist on traditional Christmas lights and perfectly embodies the wellbeing ethos of Eccleston Yards and our ambition to surprise and delight visitors. We’re confident that ‘Wave’ will be popular with local residents, workers and visitors alike.”
Paul O’Grady – South Belgravia Director, Grosvenor Britain & Ireland