Edinburgh based promoter FLY are host to the series of Open Air parties, found in some of Scotland’s most unique locations. To end the summer with a bang the FLY team were joined by Theo Kottis and Jasper James to throw a two day show in Princes Street Gardens in the heart of the city against the beautiful backdrop of Edinburgh Castle. Over the weekend guests saw performances from credible and current house and techno artists such as Hunee, Peggy Gou, Move D and Kerri Chandler.
- FLY approached The Fair to cover H&S for the Princes Street Gardens event, this would be the first time they would be working together and be introduced to the FLY team’s systems of communication and operations.In addition to this, the site offered its own challenges. Firstly, being prominent tourist location, lying in the heart of the city centre’s World Heritage Site, the team needed to take extra care to look after the grounds. Furthermore, the site only allowed for a one way in and one way out system which made loading in and out of the venue a challenge to manage safely.
The Fair provided full Health & Safety Management on site, overseeing the build as well as managing suppliers and contractors to ensure the site was ‘show ready’. Additional roles included:
- Producing CAD drawing for the site in advance of the festival
- Liaising with Local Authority: keeping them up to date during the show days and ensuring compliance with the license.
- Working alongside Security to manage crowd safety and egress
- Working with the production team to ensure the site was re-set for Day 2
- 3000 capacity, 1 stage, 2 day show
- Sell out shows on both days
- Positive feedback from festival goers and artists
- The Fair is going onto work with the client for future events